Inarguably the most influential Finnish architect of the 20th Century, Alvar Aalto (1898-1976) believed he should only create“simple, good, undecorated things.” In 1936, Aalto and his wife Aino were commissioned to design the interior of the Savoy Restaurant in Helsinki. Crafted out of a single piece of brass, the Golden Bell pendant lamp premiered as part of the restaurant’s legendary design scheme. This pendant lamp was proudly exhibited in the Finnish Pavilion at the Paris World Expo in 1937, and is recreated here as the A330S Pendant Lamp in painted steel.
This lamp includes a 98” plastic cable for hanging and a ceiling canopy for installation. Uses one 9W E14 compact fluorescent bulb, or one 40W E27 incandescent bulb (not included).